We're pleased to announce that the keyring functionality has been completed and will be in place for patch 1.11. When a player first acquires a key, they will automatically acquire a keyring that will hold permanent dungeon keys. The size of this keyring will increase as the player goes up in level -- as seen below.Keyrings were further improved as of patch 2.0.1 (notes here),
Level 1-40 = 4 slots
Level 41-50 = 8 slots
Level 51-60 = 12 slots
- Keyrings have been expanded to hold more key-type items and will now size dynamically for the number of keys in possession.
Keyring UI Edit
- The keyring appears as a thin key icon between the leftmost pack and the latency indicator. Clicking this reveals a small bag similar to a normal container.
- It does not appear to be pre-bound to any key.
- Right-clicking a key in your bank moves that key into your a normal inventory bag slot.
- The keyring will adjust the number of slots to always accommodate all keys. If it appears that you have filled the bag, close and re-open it.
Keyring Compatibility Edit
Compatible Keys (can be placed in the keyring)
- aka Gnomeregan key
- aka Scarlet Monastery key (also usable in Stratholme to enter the Scarlet Bastion)
- Horde side only through a quest
- Alliance side only, through a quest
- opens Blackrock Depths prison cells
- aka Blackrock Depths key
- aka Dire Maul key
- aka Scholomance key
- aka Stratholme key
- as of version 2.0.1
- (ver 2.0.1?)
- (ver 2.0.1)
- Quest Key, One time use
- Opens the doors to the Shadow Labyrinth
- Opens the doors to the Shattered Halls
- Opens the doors and allows access to Karazhan
- Use: Turn on the Jump-a-tron 4000.
- Quest Key.
Incompatible Keys (cannot be placed in the keyring)